Sunday, August 9, 2009

You can call me road warrior....

So, being a true blogger, I will not bore you with the details. That was a lie. I'm gonna drag you through it all. First, let me say it sucks helping people move. Especially, when people never pack beforehand. I have moved 20 times this week. Only one of those moves where mine. 19 assisted moves in less than a fortnight. I'm just a nice guy like that. But this last moves take the cake and this was the biggest move I've ever made.

The story starts with my good friend needing help move. Well, me help move a billion times, I said no problem. He then springs on me that he does not have a driver's license (don't ask cause I don't know). So, I would have to go to U-Haul and rent a truck for him. Little did I know I planned on moving the whole wide world, and the kitchen sink. And the only reason I cared was because this meant I would have to drive a 24-foot long truck. Mind you my trucking experience includes only all watched episodes of "Ice-Road Truckers".

Well the loading time instead of taking 1 hour, took 4 hours. I've never moved more crap in my life. So, we (me) finish loading and hop on the road. Now, a U-Haul truck can go pretty fast even when it is fully loaded. Also, it has very strong breaks. After driving 4 hour, practically alone (friend passed out once we hit the highway), we made it into Philly.

Now mind you I had to catch a train to make it back to school for class Monday. I literally had to run through 30th Street Train station to make this train. When, I got on the train, I was sitting across from some oldhead Phillies fans. Judging by the looks on their faces we had not done well, and sure enough the Marlins blew us away that day (probably cause I wasn't watching). Well, on my way to Harrisburg to catch my bus, the train went into an isolated thunderstorm. The storm was so strong it knocked the train power out. We were going just fast enough to coast into Lancaster Station. After a short wait that included several lightening strikes less than 100 ft away the train started up and we were back on our way to Harrisburg.

After arriving at Harrisburg, I went downstairs to catch my bus to take my back to school. The bus was packed full. I sat next to a pretty young woman. Only then did i realized that I've been lifting, loading, running, and basically sweating all day and probably stunk to high hell. There went any shoot of talking to her. But, my bus ride was not all boring. A couple sat in front of me. The guy seemed cool. Had a Phillies cap, so already okay in my book. The girl however was addicted to PDA's. Noooo, not a palm pilot. Public displays of affection. Nothing turns my stomach more than PDA's. I've watch "2 girl 1 cup" more comfortable than watching these two go at it.

Well, after a car,a truck, running,a train, a bus, and a car again, all totaling over 600 miles I made it back to a bed.