Saturday, September 19, 2009

A look back...

Now that October is upon us, I now realized that a year for me is measured from September to September. I mean its easy to see why. First, life in Penn State changed the most during the fall. New classes, new people come in, new people are gone, usually new living situation. Second, it usually when I stop making the mistake of using last year date. (ie 9/18/08). And lastly it's when baseball begins to wind down. That is it used to be when baseball begins wind down.

Before last year, I never saw playoff baseball past October 6. And even in 2007, getting swept in 3 games was rough, and near forgettable. Too be frank postseason baseball is still something I have to adjust to. For one it creates the most turbulent time sports wise. That is have 5 teams whose games I have to see. By the time the World Series starts, the Flyers will be in full swing, The Sixers will be starting up, College Football is heating up. And that's not all of it.

But this year having another "Red October" allows me to adjust to this overload of sports. Having all these sports going is actually a good thing. some "sports towns" don't have this problem. Whether, its case they don't have the 4 "major" sports teams. Some towns don't have competitive teams. Because, now the October is hear the 100+ loss season of the Nationals can be forgotten and the Capitols and Wizard hope are at an high.